HEATH Shaw gets BUSTED for betting on a Collingwood game


BREAKING NEWS Heath Shaw got a friend to place bets……..as a result of his conduct he will be suspended for 14 matches and fined $20,000… Cannot play in any games for 8 weeks…What a bloody dickhead, considering his past…..Finals stuffed for him now….Maxwell fined $10,000, reckons he didn’t know the info was to be used to bet with…More later

HEATH Shaw is set to be suspended for betting on a Collingwood game.

Heath Shaw busted betting on own player to kick first goal

The breach relates to Shaw betting on Nick Maxwell kicking the first goal in the Round 9 match against Adelaide. Was backed in from 125-1 to 25-1 raising alarm bells.

Maxwell, known as a defender, started the game in the forward line.

The AFL has called a media conference for 3.45pm.

The league says AFL operations manager Adrian Anderson will detail a decision relating to player rules about anti-gambling.

The league has introduced stringent rules in recent years prohibiting players, club and league officials from punting on matches.

The match was brought to the league’s attention in May after a corporate bookmaker was approached to take bets on the Collingwood skipper kicking the first goal at Etihad Stadium, although there was no suggestion Shaw was involved at the time.

Maxwell was a surprise starter in the forward line, but failed to kick a goal.

The Official AFL Statement on the Matter….

THE AFL has announced it had concluded an investigation into betting on AFL matches or events, in contravention of AFL regulations.

AFL general manager football operations Adrian Anderson said the AFL had conducted an extensive investigation after its routine monitoring of betting markets had shown some unusual activity around a match earlier this season.

The AFL entered into information sharing agreements nearly two years ago with all major bookmakers in Australia, as part of a range of measures to protect the integrity of the sport, and enabling AFL integrity manager Brett Clothier to complete the investigation.

Anderson said the AFL’s rules around gambling on the AFL were completely clear and were central to the integrity of the competition.

“All AFL players, coaches, umpires and officials can be in no doubt that betting on the AFL is prohibited and they can not disclose inside information when it could be used for betting purposes. Serious sanctions will continue to apply,” Anderson said.

Anderson said the following actions had been taken;

Heath Shaw – Collingwood player

In relation to three offences, Collingwood player Heath Shaw has been suspended for 14 matches, with six matches of this sanction suspended. Shaw was also fined $20,000. He will not be able to play at any level until the conclusion of round 24 of the 2011 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.

On 21 May 2011, player Shaw shared $10 in a $20 cash bet with a friend on Nick Maxwell to kick the first goal of the round nine match between Collingwood and the Adelaide Crows, played at Etihad Stadium on Sunday May 22. The bet was placed at odds of $101.

On the same day, Shaw passed on inside information to two people that team mate Nick Maxwell would start the match up forward, instead of his usual role in defence. This information led to the placing of three cash bets totalling $25 on Nick Maxwell to kick the first goal, also at odds of $101.

Maxwell was backed in from $101 to $26 to kick the first goal of the game (He did not kick the first goal of the match).

Anderson said the AFL had completed its interviews with Heath Shaw this week.

While the penalty reflects the serious nature of the offending and the need to safeguard the integrity of the competition, in determining penalty, Anderson said the AFL had also taken into account the following mitigating factors:

  • Shaw’s honesty in admitting these offences at an early opportunity and foregoing his right to a Tribunal hearing
  • Shaw’s contrition
  • The small size of the bets in question
  • The fact that Shaw’s offence did not include any attempt to influence the outcome of the contest

The AFL would like to record Collingwood’s strong co-operation and support of  the investigation.

“The club fully co-operated and supported the investigation and took the matter as seriously as we did, which is very much to their credit,” Anderson said.

Nick Maxwell – Collingwood player

Collingwood player Nick Maxwell has been sanctioned $5000, with a further $5000 suspended for recklessly disclosing inside information, being information that he would start the match as a forward in the round nine match between Collingwood and the Adelaide Crows.

Player Maxwell had discussed this with his family in the lead-up to the match

Maxwell’s actions were reckless in that while he regularly discussed inside information relating to tactics with his family, he admitted never discussing with them the need to keep this information confidential, or the fact that this information should not be used for betting purposes.

The disclosure of the information by Maxwell led to three account bets totalling $85 being placed by his family members on Maxwell to kick the first goal of the match.

While the penalty reflects the serious nature of the offending and the need to safeguard the integrity of the competition, in determining penalty, Mr Anderson said the AFL had also taken into account the following mitigating factors:

  • Maxwells’ honesty in admitting these offences at an early opportunity and foregoing his right to a Tribunal hearing
  • Maxwell’s contrition
  • The fact that Maxwell was not aware and never intended for the information to be used for betting purposes

In determining penalty, Anderson said the AFL had taken into account player Maxwell’s full co-operation.

As per the case with player Shaw, the AFL would like to record Collingwood’s strong co-operation and contribution to the investigation, Anderson said.

Anderson said these offences would never have been detected without the comprehensive measures that were put in place over recent years to protect the integrity of the competition.

While it is disappointing that these offences have occurred, it is fundamentally important that matters such as this are detected and addressed to prevent more serious integrity issues arising.

“I wish to thank AFL integrity manager Brett Clothier and AFL intelligence co-ordinator Abraham Haddad for their thorough and professional investigation into this matter.”

 

About these ads

Ricky Nixon-Sex, lies and Video Tape


Ricky Nixon is still living in fantasy land, refusing to be a man and admit his failings, dodging questions, walking away, deflecting blame. Has he forgotten how old he is compared to how old she is. The master negotiator of million dollar contracts, mixing it up in the big tough business work and this teen “Tricked him” into everything did she? Well if that is the case Tricky Dicky Nixon, you are more the fool and she is a genius.

More likely is you were thinking with your dick and have tried ever since to get out of taking any responsibility you loser…

UPDATE 02/05/11

UPDATE 10.40am: DISGRACED AFL player agent Ricky Nixon has inferred he was unwittingly drugged before being filmed in Kim Duthie’s hotel room wearing only his underpants.

In an allegation aired on radio MTR’s Steve Price Breakfast Show, Nixon this morning said he had no idea how he ended up in the teenager’s room near nude.

And the suspended player agent, who declared he would no longer speak about the scandal, confirmed he came close to taking his life while standing on a bridge in London.

Nixon told MTR he didn’t want to spark another police investigation or “witchhunt” but suggested drugs were the reason why he couldn’t explain being in Duthie’s hotel room wearing only underpants. correct, the drugs he snorted

“The answer is still I don’t know,” Nixon told MTR.

But what people don’t know is I was found a few hours after that outside my office at Etihad Stadium some three kilometres from the hotel room in not a great way. drugs do catch up with you “Tricky”

“Let’s just say that there is a good reason why I don’t know what happened.”

He has denied having sex with or taking drugs with the teenager.

Asked by Price whether he thought he unknowingly had a drink spiked or drugs introduced into his system in some other way Nixon said: “All I’ll say is that I’ve always thought you’re a smart bloke, that you’re very good at analysing things and nine times out of 10 you are right in what you say Steve.”

RICKY Nixon has failed to explain why he was in schoolgirl Kim Duthie’s hotel room wearing only a pair of underpants.

The disgraced sports agent instead accused Duthie of “setting him up” and “conning the world” they had sexual relations and that he gave her drugs.

Nixon said Duthie was a member of “Gen-Y who is very tech savvy and who is very good at making up conversations and texts”.

“We are talking about a habitual liar, a habitual liar who strips down to her G-string on Lonsdale street,” he said.

An angry and emotional Nixon struggled to answer many questions put to him tonight by Channel Seven‘s Ross Coulthard. Several times Nixon walked out of the interview or reminded the journalist of legal ramifications.

Asked bluntly of the central allegations, Nixon said – “Let me be very clear, I had no sexual relationship with that girl, I never have at all.”

But Nixon failed to explain why he was in his underpants in a hotel room with Duthie.

“No I can’t (explain it),” he said.

“And no one can provide any evidence to me of sex or drugs. You’ve all been conned.”

Nixon admitted texting Duthie at one stage to tell her he would look at pictures of her in his phone “when I am on top of you” but said the comment was being taken out of context.

He also denied telling her he would share a line of cocaine with her and after one heated exchange with Coulthard said – “I was not using cocaine with this girl.”

Nixon also spoke for the first time about allegations he threatened to kill the girl and her family and of taking his own life while in London because of the pressure.

Denying he threatened to kill Duthie over the allegations and the video footage, Nixon said he told her he may as well driver his car into the Yarra.

Nixon described Duthie as a “habitual liar” when confronted with the claim he had sent Duthie a text saying – “Why did you film? You will have a nice life because it will be a short one. I’m not going to kill you, just your mother, father and little sister. Then you will know what its like to have your life ruined.”

The accusation prompted Nixon to confess you had wanted to kill himself.

“I was in London in total shock in the lowest ebb of my life, wondering what the hell had happened,” he said.

“Have you ever stood on a bridge across the Thames and nearly tried to jump off it? Have you ever done that? Have you ever thought your life was over, Ross?

“Have you ever thought you’re sick and tired of a 17-year-old girl playing with your life, and your family’s life, and your kids life, and your grandmothers life? Would you enjoy that?”

Nixon was banned last month from practising for two months by the AFL Player Association after an investigation he described as “media driven and unlawful.”

“The only person they didn’t speak to was myself,” he said.

“I was under a medical condition in recovery. I wasn’t allowed to speak to the board or given adequate time to do it. It was a witch-hunt, it was media driven and I’m not sure they lawfully had the right to investigate me anyway.”

The fiery television exchange left more questions than answers.

“People forget that the two people standing at the top of the pyramids are her and I. Underneath it are parents, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends, clients, business staff they’re all affected by this. They’re all affected by it and they’re very tired of it.”

Ricky Nixon Decision-AFL Players' Association


Hot out of the press conference, it has been decided that Ricky Nixon will….zzzzzzzzzzzzzz waiting waiting

6.10PM Nixon will be given a chance to explain his actions and show cause why he should not receive a ban or suspension………….(bloody what are they doing in there…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

6.40pm

Ok this is what came from the meeting

Nixon failed to meet standards of conduct to maintain accreditation and brought himself and agents into disrepute

Specific breaches included

  1. Conduct that impacted adversely on his ability to represent players he represents
  2. Failed to act in best interest of players he represents
  3. Failed to act with honesty and integrity towards players he represents
  4. Failed to give players he represents a fair and accurate account of his dealings
  5. Engaged in conduct that is materially detrimental to players he represents

Board told Nixon today they have a case against him

He has 7 days to appeal in person or present his case

Accreditation immediately suspended



 

 

One day you're going to get with your pants down...

THE “St Kilda schoolgirl”  Kim Duthie has shown up at the headquarters of the AFL Players’ Association ahead of the release of the report into Ricky Nixon’s future, claiming she received death threats from the player-manager.

Football’s most powerful manager could be stripped of his licence after this afternoon’s meeting of a four-man panel at the AFLPA, with an announcement now expected at about 5.40pm.

The teen – who alleges she was involved in a drug-fuelled affair with Nixon and whom the Herald Sun has decided not to name – spoke to journalists at the AFLPA’s South Melbourne offices, claiming she received “death threats” from Nixon and saying she would open “a can of whoop-ass” by releasing details of another alleged AFL scandal.

Ricky Nixon Decision-AFL Players’ Association


Hot out of the press conference, it has been decided that Ricky Nixon will….zzzzzzzzzzzzzz waiting waiting

6.10PM Nixon will be given a chance to explain his actions and show cause why he should not receive a ban or suspension………….(bloody what are they doing in there…..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

6.40pm

Ok this is what came from the meeting

Nixon failed to meet standards of conduct to maintain accreditation and brought himself and agents into disrepute

Specific breaches included

  1. Conduct that impacted adversely on his ability to represent players he represents
  2. Failed to act in best interest of players he represents
  3. Failed to act with honesty and integrity towards players he represents
  4. Failed to give players he represents a fair and accurate account of his dealings
  5. Engaged in conduct that is materially detrimental to players he represents

Board told Nixon today they have a case against him

He has 7 days to appeal in person or present his case

Accreditation immediately suspended



 

 

One day you're going to get with your pants down...

THE “St Kilda schoolgirl”  Kim Duthie has shown up at the headquarters of the AFL Players’ Association ahead of the release of the report into Ricky Nixon’s future, claiming she received death threats from the player-manager.

Football’s most powerful manager could be stripped of his licence after this afternoon’s meeting of a four-man panel at the AFLPA, with an announcement now expected at about 5.40pm.

The teen – who alleges she was involved in a drug-fuelled affair with Nixon and whom the Herald Sun has decided not to name – spoke to journalists at the AFLPA’s South Melbourne offices, claiming she received “death threats” from Nixon and saying she would open “a can of whoop-ass” by releasing details of another alleged AFL scandal.

Nixon going into rehab-Stands down as manager


As I reported here yesterday afternoon, Ricky Nixon has finally admitted to a drug problem and is going into rehab, standing down from all duties whilst an investigation takes place into his actions…

One day you're going to get with your pants down...

DISGRACED AFL player manager Ricky Nixon is taking an indefinite break to deal with a substance abuse problem in a rehabilitation clinic.

Nixon, who is embroiled in a sex and drugs scandal involving a 17-year-old girl, issued a statement tonight saying:

“After 20 years involvement in player management, I am now taking an indefinite break to deal with a number of personal health issues. It is important for both my own health and wellbeing and that of my family to do so immediately.

“I have returned to Australia having spent the last two weeks overseas, where I had the opportunity to seek help for my personal issues. With the understanding and support of family and close friends, I have decided that I will go to a rehabilitation clinic to seek treatment for a substance problem that has impacted on my life and my decision-making, particularly over the last eight weeks.

“Given recent events and with the encouragement of friends, I believe it is the right time for me to seek help, counselling and appropriate treatment.

“While overseas, I have been in contact with the AFLPA and have stated that I will cooperate fully with the investigation currently being undertaken by David Galbally QC. I stand by my original statement in relation to this matter.

“I am so lucky to have the support of my employees and the players that I manage and while I know this time has not been easy for them I think it is important for both staff and players at Flying Start that I immediately relinquish all responsibilities and activities a player manager would normally undertake.

“I have full faith in the staff at Flying Start to operate as usual without my involvement.

“As someone who has been involved in the football industry for more than 30 years I understand the interest in this story but I do ask for the privacy needed to be able to undertake clinical treatment without the intrusion of the media. I also ask that the media leaves my family, friends, staff and players alone. I know these events have caused them enough distress.

“I would like to thank people for the enormous amount of support I have had both here and overseas. This is a significant challenge and one that I am committed to get through and coming out a better person. I would like to sincerely apologise to everyone for the impact caused by these recent events.”